Re: Toward the self-describing web [was: Irony heaped on irony]

David Carlisle wrote:

> The relative namespace issue is really not so important, despite the
> heat it generates.

No, but honoring one's commitments *is* so important.

> But this
>
> > I think that sentence gets exploited to suggest that it's OK
> > to use http://example.org/foo as a namespace name and then
> > allow 404s for requests to that address, and so we should
> > take it out if/when we next revise the Namespace spec.
>
> suggestion that there _must_ be a resource, at the namesapce uri
> would just be a complete change in the way namespaces work.

Remember that a resource is abstract, not necessarily equivalent to
an entity body.  At any one time there may be zero, one, or many
entity bodies corresponding to a given resource.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>