Re: Are *relative* URIs as namespace nemes considered harmful?

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> >Should
> >we stick to our commitments, or say that they were in error because
> >in conflict with our basic vision?
>
> It's not been made clear here what precisely those 'commitments' were, or
> what the basic vision is.

The "commitment" is that when the W3C said in its Namespaces Rec that
matching was strictly char-by-char, they meant it, and people are
entitled to create documents that rely on it.

The "vision" is that everything on the Web, including namespaces, is named by URIs,
and that the same rules for URI-reference interpretation apply to all
resources.

The root of the trouble, IMHO, is that the problem is essentially
moral/aesthetic, not technical at all.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>