Re: Is a namesapce a resource? - was: duck

David Carlisle wrote:

> > The question of whether there is a resource retrievable via that name
> > really is a completely independent issue.
>
> There are two questions, whether there has to be a retrievable
> entity to which I think everyone agrees the answer is no.
> Even if a URI scheme that allows retrieval is used.

No, there are those who don't agree with this.

By specifying a scheme which is associated with a retrieval mechanism,
the expressed intent is to identify a retrievable resource. In which
cases I would judge the expression to be erroneous if the retrieval were
to fail.

On the other hand, I would concur, that there is no necessary
relationship between the document and the namespace.