Re: How namespace names might be used

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, David Carlisle wrote:
> %!PS-Adobe-3.0
> <PS xmlns="http://www.adobe.com/dsc/3.0">

Why not...

  <PS xmlns="urn:pkg:1989,com.adobe.ps.3.0">

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Simon St.Laurent wrote: >
> So it sounds like a lot of our problems come from what's
> the equivalent of dereferencing a PUBLIC identifier without
> a catalog file, just because it looks like a SYSTEM identifier...

Exactly.  Given how fast a computer person needs to
adapt to our changing environment, we don't need
to make their life harder by explaining that
"http:" does not suggest a representation of
resource retrievable with "hyper text transfer protocol"

Clark