Re: Divide the problem

At 09:02 AM 6/8/00 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
>The discussion of whether a self-describing web can work
>or not has gone on for years without solid/persuasive evidence
>on one side or the other. Tim and I (among others) think it can work
>and will be revolutionary. And yes, we're using our
>position of leadership (i.e. our write access to
>the W3C web site) to convince as many as we can.
>This is our job. It's our stated responsibility to
>"lead the Web to its full potential."

You seem to have a community that just isn't following its leaders.

I can't find the people you're convincing, at least in the XML community,
and this divide (and associated paralysis) appears to be tarnishing the
reputation of the W3C rather than burnishing it.

Various conversations at JavaOne made that painfully clear.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth
http://www.simonstl.com