Re: Common Sense! Was: Re: The 'resource' identified by a namespace name URI should be the namespace

   At 21:08 06/06/00 +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
   >Namespaces don't have structure, so there is nothing you can define
   >about them.

   I agree with this, but what _does_ REC-xml-names mean when it says in
   section 1:

   "XML namespaces differ from the "namespaces" conventionally used in
   computing disciplines in that the XML version has internal structure..."

Similar language is used in the appendix. I think it refers (somewhat
awkwardly) to the fact that the same name can be used as an element
and as an attribute (ie in different partitions in the language of
the appendix) Of course by now it can be other things as well, xsl
variables etc. But in any case it doesn't alter the fact that, even
if you regard that as structure, all namespaces have the same
structure, so there is nothing to define.

David