Re: URIs quack like a duck

Michael Mealling wrote:

> Thus you are only left with the ability to say that two Resource
> are only ever equal if they have the same Identifiers...

Your epistemological ("how we know") conclusion is quite correct, but you
draw an unwarranted metaphysical ("what is true") conclusion from it.

Because you cannot *know*, based on the current (crude) sources of knowledge,
whether http://www.animal.helsinki.fi/lojban/refgr_f/refgr.html and
urn:isbn:0966028309 refer to the same resource, doesn't mean that there
*is* no fact of the matter about it, or that they are *necessarily*
distinct resources.  In fact, as resource owner, I tell you that they
*are* the same resource, and this message is the authority for it.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>