Re: "data:,<name>" proposal adds an extra level

Larry Masinter wrote:

> The name of the XSLT namespace is http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform

That's not quite what the XSLT document says (see previous posting), but
I agree that it is what the document should say.

> data:,http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform  isn't the name of the XSLT
> namespace, it adds another level of indirection.

Exactly. It is (under my proposal) the URI of the namespace, a property
formally different from (but related to) the namespace name.

>      "I was coming to that," the Knight said. "The song really is `A-sitting
> On A Gate': and the tune's my own invention."

Unfortunately for us, we are inheritors of this tune and must live with it,
no matter how discordant.

(BTW, surely this claim is wrong?  The Knight is just providing another name;
for consistency, he ought to insert the *song itself* after "really is".)

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>