Re: Local Context [was: Why I moved from Forbid to Literal]

David Carlisle wrote:

> > [I wrote:]

> > The rule requiring literal comparison in that situation

> > is well understood and should be preserved, despite the unfortunate outcome
> > which mismatched alphabetic case will yield in that particular context. The
> > point is that there are other interpretive contexts, other than a document
> > consumer executing an XSLT transformation.
>
> I disagree. The rule requiring case sensitive literal comparison in
> that case does not come from XSLT, it comes from the namespace spec.
> That must be preserved.

Except that you are more precise than I, in carefully distinguishing that portion
of the context which comes from the namespace spec and that which comes from XSLT,
I do not believe that we disagree at all on this point, and I am happily obliged to
defer to your more accurate statement of the context.

Respectfully,

Walter Perry