Re: Namespaces 1.0: URI syntax a NSC

* Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>Let me however offer a compromise -- you're right, I didn't explain
>why the WG doesn't want to do this now.  The reason is that there is
>time pressure on the issue of XML NS 1.0 3e, because until it is
>published there is a disconnect between XML 1.0 5e and XML NS 1.0 2e,
>which is fixed by NE17 and NE18.  The WG has had some urgent requests
>to make clear that these fixes are normative, so we want to publish 3e
>as quickly as possible.
>
>The WG does not think it's appropriate to make the kind of systematic
>set of edits you are requesting, so that all RFC2119 language is in
>Constraints, at this point in the Process for 3e, after AC review.
>That's why I suggested that what we _would_ do is look at that after
>3e is out, and see what errata would be required.

I would welcome a more thorough revision, however I have only asked for,
in effect, the addition of text such as "Namespace constraint: Namespace
name syntax: In a namespace declaration the normalized attribute value
must be a URI reference as defined in STD66." That already was a compro-
mise, and telling me nine weeks after I raised the issue that the group
cannot do this because it is in a hurry is not acceptable to me. Please
refer to my preceding messages why I am requesting this change.