Errata (section 1.1 paragraph three)

From: Ryan Hayes <ryguillian@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 18:05:04 -0600
To: xml-names-editor@w3.org

To whom it may concern:

"Note that all Internet domain names used in examples, with the
exception of w3.org, are selected at random and should not be taken as
having any import."

The word "import" as used in paragraph three of section 1.1 may cause
confusion particularly because of its non-colloquial usage in the
context of the sentence. I understand that "import" is sometimes
(archaically) used as a truncated form of the word "importance",
however, I feel that this may cause confusion to readers of
"Namespaces in XML".

Ryan Hayes