Re: Namespaces 1.1 Last Call -- I18N WG comments

From: <Misha.Wolf@reuters.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 19:11:47 +0100
To: xml-names-editor@w3.org
Cc: w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org

Dear xml-names-editor,

On 28/09/2002 13:53:10 Misha Wolf wrote:
> On 27/09/2002 21:04:18 Misha Wolf wrote:
> > Dear xml-names-editor,
> >
> > This mail contains some of the comments of the I18N WG on:
> >    Namespaces in XML 1.1
> >    W3C Working Draft 5 September 2002
>
> [The suggested examples below have been extended to include a decimal
> numeric character reference, and have been slightly re-arranged.]
>
> Suggested examples:
[...]

It turns out [blush] that we had spelt "resumé" incorrectly.  It
actually has two accents and so isn't ideal as an example.  So we
propose "red&rosé" rather than "CV&resumé".

Suggested examples:

   Consider:
      xmlns="http://www.example.org/namespaces/red&amp;rosé"
      xmlns="http://www.example.org/namespaces/red&amp;ros&#xe9;"
      xmlns="http://www.example.org/namespaces/red&amp;ros&#xE9;"
      xmlns="http://www.example.org/namespaces/red&amp;ros&#233;"
      xmlns="http://www.example.org/namespaces/red&amp;ros&eacute;"
      xmlns="http://www.example.org/namespaces/red&amp;ros%c3%a9"
      xmlns="http://www.example.org/namespaces/red&amp;ros%C3%a9"
      xmlns="http://www.example.org/namespaces/red&amp;ros%c3%A9"
      xmlns="http://www.example.org/namespaces/red&amp;ros%C3%A9"
      xmlns="http://www.example.org/namespaces/red&amp;rosÉ"
   where "&eacute;" has been defined to be "é".

   The first 5 are identical for the purpose of namespace reference
   matching and have the normalized attribute value [1]:
      http://www.example.org/namespaces/red&rosé

   The remaining 5 differ from the first 5, as well as from each other,
   and have the following normalized attribute values, respectively:
      http://www.example.org/namespaces/red&ros%c3%a9
      http://www.example.org/namespaces/red&ros%C3%a9
      http://www.example.org/namespaces/red&ros%c3%A9
      http://www.example.org/namespaces/red&ros%C3%A9