RE: XML Query WG Feedback on Sept WD of Namespaces in XML 1.1

>Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 17:29:06 -0500
>From: "Paul Cotton" <pcotton@microsoft.com>
>To: "Richard Tobin" <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
>Cc: <xml-names-editor@w3.org>, <w3c-xml-query-wg@w3.org>
>Subject: RE: XML Query WG Feedback on Sept WD of Namespaces in XML 1.1
>

>This is a very comprehensive reply to our feedback but your message
>gives the XML Query WG about one week to arrange for a possible reply.
>I will try to achieve this by placing this on the XQuery distributed
>meeting agenda for Dec 4 but I cannot guarantee that we will be able to
>decide if we consent/object in this time period.
>
>/paulc
>Chair, XML Query WG

The XML Core WG appreciates the fact that the XML Query WG has
lots on their plate and that we've requested feedback within
fairly short time frame.

The problem is that we need to end the Namespaces 1.1 CR period
in sync with the XML 1.1 CR period which ends Feb 15th so that
we will be able to discuss feedback at the Technical Plenary
(which is the only time the XML Core WG meets face-to-face).
This is why we are pushing for getting the CR request out by
December 10th, hence the Dec 9th deadline for response.

The Dec 9th deadline is only for a response that would be
reflected in the CR request.  We would appreciate any response
the Query WG has by that time.  If the Query WG wishes, we can
state in our CR request that the Query WG may have outstanding
issues but hasn't been able to determine that yet--let us know
if this is desired.  Furthermore, any comments received after
our request for CR would certainly be considered as comments
against the CR (that is, we wouldn't just ignore them completely).

paul