 From: Eric van der Vlist [mailto:vdv@dyomedea.com]
 Sent: Wed 4/3/2002 9:58 AM
 To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
 Subject: Re: [xml-dev] WD for Namespaces 1.1

 Ann Navarro wrote:
 > certainly to be of interest:

 Definitely. I have just given it a short glance, but I don't think that
 any mechanism has been defined to let applications test which version of
 namespaces they are dealing with.

 Being able to "undeclare" is fine but unless I am mistaken, this means
 that documents which were previously invalid per namespaces in XML 1.0
 will suddenly be valid with a behavior specified in namespaces in XML 1.1.

 Vice versa, some documents which will be written for ns 1.1 will be
 invalid for ns 1.0 without any fallback mechanism or any way for the
 parser to adapt its behavior.

 Makes me feel *very* uncomfortable!

 Eric--
 See you in Barcelona.