Re: Registration of application/xenc+xml

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:21:52 +0200
To: jose.kahan@w3.org
Cc: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>, xml-encryption@w3.org, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 14:45, Jose Kahan wrote:
> Unless there are some objections in this mailing list, I propose
> we reuse the same request. Let's say that if we don't hear any complain
> by Friday EOB, let's do it.

Sounds good.

> One question, though. Will be need to edit the spec to say that
> this is the MIME type or add an errata once it is accepted?

W3C policy now says:

[[[
4.2. Update the introduction to the registration information in your
specification to say either "registered with IANA at..." or "under review
by the IESG...", as applicable.
]]] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype.html#Planned

It's a matter of W3C policy of whether you consider this retroactive and
need an erratum for the spec. I don't see how it could hurt.