Promoting EncryptionMethodType (Was: Schema errata)

On Thursday 13 November 2003 15:20, merlin hughes wrote:
> The xmlenc schema:
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlenc-core/xenc-schema.xsd
> Does not contain the definition of DHKeyValue from the spec.

[See other thread]

> I wonder at the same time could we add:
>   <element name="EncryptionMethod" type="xenc:EncryptionMethodType"/>
> We currently do not expose this as a top-level element, so
> external schema cannot reuse the element. We do this for all
> other xmldsig/xmlenc *Method types; it should not affect any
> existing implementations.

I don't see any reason that we should not have done that, but I'm a bit
afraid to do it now. Granted, it won't make any valid instance invalid, so
that's good. What's the worse/screw case of making this change? If we don't
come up with an objection, I'd favor the change.