Re: Publications of the Second xenc Candidate Recs

On Saturday 14 September 2002 09:14 pm, Takeshi Imamura wrote:
> "Replace Y with Y ∪ Od" in Step 2 is not correct because Y is a set of
> node-sets while Od is just a node-set.  This would be "Replace Y with Y ∪
> {Od}".

Fixed.

> Also, the text you added, i.e., "If Od contains
> xenc:EncryptedData that are not in E" does not seem to be necessary.  If
> this condition is true, decryptNodeSet() just returns an empty set, so it
> would be OK.

I added this because I was concerned there was no stop condition for the
recursion. For example, while obviously silly, there's nothing in the
specification that prevents decryptNodeSet(Od, E) from continually
recursing on an empty set. First I experiement with placing the stop
condition at the start, but it seemed more intuitive here.

> Are you talking about the examples in Section 3.3?  This comment is not
> for them but for the ones in Section 3.4.4, where the relation between
> references and super-encryption is described.

Ok, please confirm the following captures your intent:
http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/Drafts/xmlenc-decrypt#sec-references-super-encryption
$Revision: 1.61 $ on $Date: 2002/09/16 19:07:33 $ GMT