Re: XML Encryption Support for Camellia

From: Shiho MORIAI <shiho@sucaba.isl.ntt.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:57:18 JST
To: reagle@w3.org
cc: Shiho MORIAI <shiho@sucaba.isl.ntt.co.jp>, Donald Eastlake <dee3@torque.pothole.com>, xml-encryption@w3.org, shiho@sucaba.isl.ntt.co.jp

Donald, Joseph, and XML Encryption WG,

Thank you for your advise.  As Donald proposed, I'll define the
identifiers and profile for Camellia and ask him to include them in
his internet-draft, which will be updated this week.

I have a comment on the additional XML Security URIs.

All the algorithm URIs in the current (expired) draft
<draft-eastlake-xmldsig-uri-02.txt> are of the form
http://www.w3.org/...../xmldsig-more#algorithm.

For example, the identifier for ARCFOUR is defined in the above draft
as follows:
http://www.w3.org/...../xmldsig-more#arcfour,
                        ^^^^^^^
although the EncryptionMethod element is specified in the XML
Encryption, not the XML Digital Signature.

Is it possible to define URIs for encryption algorithms of the form:
http://www.w3.org/...../xmlenc-more#algorithm?
                        ^^^^^^
Best regards,
Shiho