Re: Custom XML Types (Was: Decryption Transform processing question)

On Thursday 30 May 2002 12:57 pm, merlin wrote:
> If another standard specifies that the Type URI &foo;PrivateKey
> indicates that the content is an encrypted foo:PrivateKey
> element then this cannot be used with the decryption transform.
> If another standard specifies that the type URI &gzip;Element
> indicates that the content is an encrypted, gzipped elmement,
> then this cannot be used with the decryption transform.

Understood. While not specified, my expectation was that such a thing could
be accomodated via a step 3.5 in decryptIncludedNodes() that said something
like:
2. If the value of the Type attribute of e is &xenc;Element or
&xenc;Content ...
3. If the Type attribute is absent or otherwise indicates octets ...
/+3.5 If the value of the Type attribute is some other value, perform the
decryption and processing as defined by that Type. If they type is unknown
or unsupported, fail.+/

So in the following:

<Document>
  <SignedPart>
    <Data />
    <EncryptedData ID="enc1" Type="http://merlin.org/foo#PrivateKey" ... />
    <EncryptedData ID="enc2" Type="http://merlin.org/gzip#Element" ... />
  </SignedPart>
  <Signature>
    <Transform Algorithm="&dcrpt;">
      <Except URI="#enc2" xmlns="&dcrpt;"/>
    </Transform>
  </Signature>
</Document>

The Signature is over the Document with enc1 as is, but the uncompressed
clear text form of enc2. Would adding this step 3.5 be satisfactory?