rsa/oaep

From: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 15:44:12 +0100
To: xml-encryption@w3.org

We had a long discussion on the list about RSA/OAEP, ending in:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-encryption/2002Apr/0122.html

Something is still unclear to me from the discussion, as reflected in:
  http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/Drafts/xmlenc-core/Overview.html#sec-RSA-OAEP

Is the DigestMethod child optional? The text suggests that it is
("takes two optional parameters"). If the DigestMethod is omitted,
what message digest is used? We state what happens when the OAEPparams
child is omitted.

(Aside: The Schema Definition quoted in 5.4.2 is no longer current.)

Thanks, Merlin

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or
there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.  The
unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden. Baltimore Technologies plc will not be liable for
direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration
of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any
virus being passed on.

This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept for Content
Security threats, including computer viruses.
http://www.baltimore.com