Re: Decryption Transform processing question

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 11:09:00 -0400
To: Ari Kermaier <arik@phaos.com>, "Takeshi Imamura" <IMAMU@jp.ibm.com>
Cc: "Hiroshi Maruyama" <MARUYAMA@jp.ibm.com>, xml-encryption@w3.org
On Wednesday 01 May 2002 10:52, Ari Kermaier wrote:
> Y = decryptXML(X, e, C)
>
>          where X is a node-set, e is an element node with the type
>          xenc:EncryptedData in X, and C is a parsing context of X.
>          Y is a node-set obtained by the following steps:
>
> 1.      Decrypt e and replace it with the resulting octet stream
>          according to the XML Encryption specification [XML-Encryption]
>          (which may require serializing X).

If e is an elemenote node in X, how am I replacing it with octets? (Also,
is the serialization *any* serialization, or stil the one in xmldsig?)

> 2.      Wrap the result of Step 2 in the context of C as specified in
> Text Wrapping (Appendix A).

This is step 2, maybe this should be step one now?

(I'm not disagreeing with these tweaks in the spec; I just don't understand
them yet! <smile/>)

--
*Note: I will be attending the W3C AC and WWW2002 meetings from
May 5-10, and taking holiday from 13-16. I will not be as responsive