Re: Decryption Transform processing question

From: Takeshi Imamura <IMAMU@jp.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 14:33:25 +0900
To: reagle@w3.org
Cc: Ari Kermaier <arik@phaos.com>, "Hiroshi Maruyama" <MARUYAMA@jp.ibm.com>, xml-encryption@w3.org

>I'll defer to the authors if they want to suggest a change that  (1)
limits
>the likelyhood of your confusion arising again, (2) adds "If serialization
>is necessary" to step 1 in decryptOctects (or remove it all-together?),
and
>(3) a similar "if" for steps 2 and 3 in decryptXML depending on the
>presense of namespaces.

I think that step 1 in both decryptXML() and decryptOctets() can be removed
because serialization is performed only for generating a whole node-set
from an octet stream containing a decrypted part.  But if step 1 is
removed, we have to add to step 3 some text saying that X is converted to
an octet stream with replacing an encrypted part with its decrypted one,
and then is wrapped in the context of C.

imamu@jp.ibm.com