Tobin's Infoset for external entities

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:59:14 -0500
To: Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: w3c-xml-core-wg@w3.org, xml-encryption@w3.org, Takeshi Imamura <imamu@jp.ibm.com>, Hiroshi Maruyama <maruyama@jp.ibm.com>

I've been asked:
>Is there a publicly accessible equivalent to the
>http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlenc-decrypt#Tobin reference?

There isn't that I'm aware of, and that is a problem since you must
understand this process in order to implement the decryption transform [1].
Unless someone planned on presenting it in another specification, I expect
we should include it within the decryption transform specification itself.
Richard/XML-Core, any objections?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlenc-decrypt#func-decrypt
Wrap the resulting octet stream with the octets representation of dummy
tags (i.e., <dummy> and </dummy>) as proposed by Richard Tobin in [Tobin],
and if needed, prepend the octets representing an XML declaration and a
document type declaration. In order to parse the octet stream in the
context of C, all the namespace declarations in C MUST be added to the
dummy element. Also all the entity declarations in C MUST be added to the
document type declaration.