Re: XML decryption transform number 13

On Monday 10 June 2002 07:44 am, Takeshi Imamura wrote:
> 1. That should be described explicitly.

Ok. "The following sections contain specifications for decrypting,
replacing, and serializing XML content (i.e., Type 'element' or element
'content') using the [XPath] data model."

http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/Drafts/xmlenc-core/  $Revision: 1.204 $

> 2. In 4.3.2, it is unclear how to "remove the EncryptedData element from
> its parent and insert the decrypted node set in its place".  This is a
> usual comment, though.

Yep... I've added a more specific method though I'm not sure if it's the
right approach.

http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/Drafts/xmlenc-core/#sec-Decrypt-Replace-Imp

4.3.2 A Decrypt and Replace Implementation (Non-normative)
   Where X is an [XPath] node set, e is an EncryptedData element node in
   X, and Z is a node-set identical to X except that e has been decrypted
   and replaced by the following steps:
    1. Z is an [XPath] node-set constructed by copying a node from X
       except where that node is an EncryptedData element node. In which
       case:
         1. Decrypt the EncryptedData in the context of its parent node
            as specified in the Decryption Implementation section (4.3.1)
            yeilding Yan [XPath] node set.
         2. Copy Y in place of e in Z.