Re: XML decryption transform number 13

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:12:43 -0400
To: "Takeshi Imamura" <IMAMU@jp.ibm.com>, merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Cc: xml-encryption@w3.org

On Sunday 02 June 2002 12:34 pm, Takeshi Imamura wrote:
> >. The &decrypt;Binary transform operates so:
> >
> >  o Decrypt each unexceptional EncryptedData in document
> >    order and process it in accordance with the specification
> >    of the Type attribute, or fail if that is unknown.
> >
> >  o Return the concatenation of the plaintexts.
>
> I feel that concatenating the plaintexts is weird.  What kind of scenario
> are you supposing?

I believe Merlin aside, "Yes, I am sneaking in the solution to a
requirement of mine!" means that he is trying to address his requirement to
be able to have an XML document carry the encrypted/coded representation of
multiple binary data objects. Previously, we decided not to support that
but it might be more straightforward under his proposal.