Re: Decryption Transform processing question

On Thursday 18 July 2002 03:09 am, Takeshi Imamura wrote:
> While how to replace a part of a node-set from a document with a node-set
> from another document is unclear from the definition of the node-set, how
> to replace a part of an octet stream with another octet stream is very
> clear.  So the processing should be specified over octet streams, and
> then the processing "include Y in place of e and its descendants in X" is
> regarded as a shortcut of the original processing.  This is my rationale.

Ok, I understand! The following text clarifies this issue for me, is it
acceptable?

Include Y in place of e and its descendants in X. Since [XPath] does not
define methods of replacing node-sets the result MUST be equivalent to
replacing e with the octet stream resulting from its decryption in the
serialized form of X and reparsing the document. However, the actual method
of performing this operation is left to the implementor.