Re: Decryption Transform processing question

On Friday 12 July 2002 10:45 am, merlin wrote:
> I attach an edited copy of Joseph's latest version of the
> document. The changes I have made reflect my reponse to
> Takeshi's comments below:

Ok, hopefully you and Takeshi are *quickly* converging on something mutually
acceptable <smile/>. My particular confusion still petains to:

  o A namespace declaration xmlns="" MUST be emitted with every
  apex element that has no namespace prefix and URI as described
  in Serializing XML (section 4.3.3) of the XML Encryption
  specification [XML-Encryption].
  o If a node-set is replacing an element from N whose parent element
  is not in N, then its apex elements MUST inherit attributes
  associated with the XML namespace [XML] from the parent element.

First, apex node isn't definied, but I otherwise understand the first
bullet. (Perhaps you should reference the exc-c14n spec for the
definition?) Second, I'm still not sure about this processing required of
the xml:foo attributes. Part of my confusion results from the pronouns. How
can I replace an element in N that doesn't have a parent? Whose apex
elements? and the parent element in which context? This is why an example
would be useful.