Re: Data replacement

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:48:21 -0500
To: "Takeshi Imamura" <IMAMU@jp.ibm.com>
Cc: xml-encryption@w3.org

Yes, I thought we agreed that the octets long ago that what you encrypt is
the UTF-8 encoding of the XML data you want to secure. What other
serializations would you want, what does this permit (instead of being
presently precluded/limited), and if I understand you properly, then we'd
need to include an attribute that indicates the encoding of the decrypted
content, right?