Re: content type decryption clarification?

From: Takeshi Imamura <IMAMU@jp.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:11:22 +0900
To: reagle@w3.org
Cc: Christian Geuer-Pollmann <geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>, hirsch@zolera.com, xml-encryption@w3.org

>Note: If the Type is "content" the plaintext resulting from decryption may
>not be well-formed if (a) the original plaintext was not well-formed
(e.g.,
>PCDATA by itself is not well-formed), or (b) the EncryptedData element was
>the root element of a document that was decrypted.)

If you mean "plaintext" is an octet sequence obtained by decrypting an
EncryptedData element, I understand the first case where the plaintext was
not and hence *will* not be well-formed.  But I don't still understand the
second case.  Why does well-formedness of the plaintext depend on whether
an EncryptedData element was the root element or not?

imamu@jp.ibm.com