Re: Minor comments for Last Call drafts of 20011018

From: Takeshi Imamura <IMAMU@jp.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 20:43:32 +0900
To: reagle@w3.org
Cc: "Hiroshi Maruyama" <MARUYAMA@jp.ibm.com>, xenc <xml-encryption@w3.org>

Joseph,

>> >I expect the "parsing context" is a DOM specific term, is there
>> >something we can reference there?
>>
>> I'm not sure the term is DOM-specific, but what the term intends was
>> affected by XML Fragment [1].
>
>Akin to Fragment Entity?
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-fragment#defn-fragment-entity

No, I mean "fragment context information".
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-fragment#defn-fragment-context-information

>> >and identify an enc:EncryptedData or enc:EncryptedKey element.
>>
>> As I commented before, identifying the enc:EncryptedKey element does not
>> make sense because this transform does not anything for the element.
>
>Is this because you do not think the scenario is a compelling one, or it
>isn't merely specified that way yet? Would you be opposed to generalizing
>this to work for EncryptedKey or EncryptedData? (If we don't support this,
>what does it mean when someone adds an EncryptedKey to an XML instance
that
>has already been signed?)

Sorry, I don't follow this.  Do you expect the added EncryptedKey element
is being decrypted if the element is not referenced from an Except element?
If so, what happen when the element is decrypted?

imamu@jp.ibm.com