From: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 23:33:29 +0000
To: xml-encryption@w3.org

Our RSA/OAEP algorithm is http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#rsa-oaep-mgf1p
with inputs of a digest algorithm and OAEP parameters.

By "mgf1p", do we mean MGF1 with SHA-1, or MGF1 with the same hash
function used by EME-OAEP-ENCODE (i.e., the DigestMethod parameter)?
In RFC 2437, the MGF1 and EME-OAEP-ENCODE hash functions are
independently specified, which might imply that we should separate
them? Should we move to #rsa-oaep-mgf1-sha1. Also, where does the
"p" in "mgf1p" come from? I can't seem to search the archives at
the moment to find the original discussions.

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious.

computer viruses.