RE: XMLP/XMLE Use cases and processing models

I am generally in agreement with Chris.

If there is a desire to provide a hint as to what the decrypted content will
be of a MIME Content-Type labeled xenc:EncryptedData element, one
possibility would be to allow an optional parameter. Something like

	decrypted-content="soap:Envelope xmlns:soap='...'"

or perhaps

	decrypted-namespace="..."; decrypted-root="Envelope"

I'm not sure how often one would want a different decyrptor (or a standard
decryptor acting is a different way) depending on the type of decrypted
content but if you did, I would think you could sometimes tell what
decyrptor you wanted to use based just on the namespace of the decrypted
content.

If there is a consensus to allow the parts of a SOAP message to be
separately encrypted where this is currently prohibited by the SOAP schema,
the SOAP schema can be liberalized to permit this.

If you want to encrypt parts of a SOAP message in a way fitting into the
current SOAP processing flow, directed by header blocks, I don't see a
problem.

Donald