Question about multiple signers

From: Dournaee, Blake <bdournaee@rsasecurity.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:35:53 -0700
To: "'reagle@w3.org'" <reagle@w3.org>
Cc: xml-encryption@w3.org, "Hammond, Ben" <bhammond@rsasecurity.com>
Hello All,

XML Encryption builds on <ds:KeyInfo> with the addition of <EncryptedKey>
and <AgreementMethod>.

It is not completely clear from the schema definition or the Candidate
Recommendation if more than one <EncryptedKey> element may
exist inside a <ds:KeyInfo> as used in an <EncryptedData> element. That is,
suppose I am encrypting a piece of data for multiple signers as follows:

<EncryptedData>
  <KeyInfo>
    <EncryptedKey Recipient="Sue" >
    </EncryptedKey>

    <EncryptedKey Recipient="Bob" >
    </EncryptedKey>

  </KeyInfo>
  <CipherData>
	bla bla
  </CipherData>
</EncryptedData>

Thanks,

Blake Dournaee
Toolkit Applications Engineer
RSA Security

"The only thing I know is that I know nothing" - Socrates