Re: FW: Re: rsa/oaep

On Thursday 07 March 2002 11:04, Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 wrote:
> I don't have any objection to changing to hyphenated form. But if the
> algorithms are going to be explicitly represented in the URI, then the
> algorithm provided for in OAEP to calculate the encoding parameters and
> which is usually an algorithm which simply uses the constant parameter
> provided should be represented. So I've attached it changed to
> rsa-oaep-mgf1-sha1-p in the attached.

I believe [1] now has the text (please confirm). However, with respect to
Merlin asking, "This looks good, although would it be too much to ask for
it to be called #rsa-oaep-mgf1-sha1?" I fear it would be.

There are existing implementations using the existing identifier
"http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#rsa-oaep-mgf1p". I fear the change make
cause existing instances to fail. If we believe it worthwhile, we can
create a new namespace but I expect there would be opposition to that.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/Drafts/xmlenc-core/Overview.html#sec-RSA-OAEP
new revision: 1.171