Re: Tobin's Infoset for external entities

From: Takeshi Imamura <IMAMU@jp.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 19:20:58 +0900
To: reagle@w3.org, merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Cc: xml-encryption@w3.org

>> My proposed revision of Takeshi's text is below.
>
>I included your text (with the UTF-8 encoding (Takeshi, let me know if you
>don't want this) and I changed the example element names from Foo and Bar
>since foo was the NS prefix). revision: 1.44;

The text looks good, but I have a few comments:

1. "encoding='UTF8'" can be omitted because UTF-8 is the default encoding.
2. Something about the encoding of the document type declaration and dummy
tags may need to be described.
3. As Merlin said, xml:* attributes may need to be added to the dummy start
tag.
4. Step 2 of decryptXML() may need to be revised according to the text.
5. The text says "If this document is fed through the decryption transform
...", but does it mean a whole document is given to the transform?  If yes,
the document that was wrapped and then decrypted would be as follows:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE dummy [
  <!ENTITY dsig 'http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#'>
]>