EncryptionMethod in XMLEnc and DigestMethod in XMLDSig

From: Aleksey Sanin <aleksey@aleksey.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:54:42 -0800
To: xml-encryption@w3.org
A minor issue but probably it's worth to fix it: the EncryptionMethod
in XMLEncryption and DigestMethod in XMLDSig both have the same meaning:
algorithm selection. However, EncryptionMethod is *optional* element and
DigestMethod is *required*. From my point of view it is inconsistent.
Either both should be required or both should be optional. I would
prefer the second (both optional) since application can have this
information from the context.

Aleksey Sanin <aleksey@aleksey.com>
http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec