RE: Comments on the 6 Apr Draft

At 09:11 5/16/2001 -0700, Blair Dillaway wrote:
>However, an encryptor could take the document
>    <1>
>        <a/>
>        <b/>
>    </1>
>encrypt the children of '1' giving
>    <1>
>         <EncryptedData>
>             <CipherData>somebase64text</CipherData>
>         </EncryptedData>
>    </1>
>and then add in a child element of '1' with tag 'c' to get
>       <1>
>         <EncryptedData>
>             <CipherData>somebase64text</CipherData>
>         </EncryptedData>
>         <c/>
>       </1>

Hrmm... good point. What I was trying to ask was if you had (a,b,c) from the
start, if you wanted to encrypt only (a,b), I assume the instance would look
like:
<1>
   <EncryptedData/>
   <EncryptedData/>
   <c/>
</1>

and not as you have it above. But in your scenario the result can happen not
through the encryption, but through subsequent additions. Under that
scenario, the EncryptedData of type childNodes would have to be interpreted
as not the childNode property itself, but a contribution to the childNodes
in case others were added. (And I can see why you want to call it a
NodeList...)

__