Re: XML Encryption Data/Processing Model

At 19:33 3/29/2001 +0900, Takeshi Imamura wrote:
>The serialization is not so sensitive if only encryption is performed.
>However, that may not be true if both encryption and signature are
>performed on a document.  For example, suppose that a user signs and then
>encrypts a document, where he defines and uses his own serialization which
>does not preserve information set.  Another user will fail in verifying the
>signature because the original document cannot be retrieved.  For such
>reason, I think we should define at least a serialization for information
>set.

Very good point, I added that to the text in that section. However, I don't
think the Infoset or DOM data models lack anything required by Canonical
XML. (The part of XPath data model used by Canonical XML is a subset of both
DOM and Infoset, right?) Even if this is the case (doesn't necessitate the
use of Infoset or DOM), do you have a preference between the two?

__