Re: Spec/Proposal Draft

From: Takeshi Imamura <IMAMU@jp.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:38:40 +0900
To: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>
Cc: "XML Encryption WG " <xml-encryption@w3.org>

Joseph,

>>Also the definition of "EncryptedKey" is totally
>>lacked.
>
>?this is section 3.4.1

I mean the schema for the KeyInfo element does not contain an item for the
EncryptedKey element:

<element ref="enc:EncryptedKey" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

>> >4. 4. 2. If the data being encrypted is an external octet sequence,
>> replace the value with the encrypted result and create an EncryptedData
>> structure
>>  referencing the encrypted data.
>>Is it necessary to replace the value with the encrypted result?  If a
user
>>has no write permission to the value, this process will fail.
>
>This is kind of philosophical, but when we encrypt, should we speak of
>copying the original document and making the changes, or replacing the
>original document?

I think that depends on applications and so we don't have to specify
whether the original document has to be replaced or not.

imamu@jp.ibm.com