Questions on XML Encryption Syntax and Processing Revision 1.29

From: Chng Bee Tiong <zmzmz@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 03:26:50 +0800
To: <xml-encryption@w3.org>
1. In few places of the draft spec, there is mention of a Type attribute in EncryptedKey element.
    Where is this defined in the schema provided?

2. Where is the definition on OAEPparamsType?

3. How are ds:DigestMethod and ds:DigestValue related to section 5.6?
    I don't suppose it is the CMS checksum thing, right?
    So how are they going to be used?

4. Consider <Person Gender="Male"/> and <Person><Gender>Male</Gender></Person>.
    I can encrypt the "Gender" element but not the "Gender" attribute.
    What is the rationale?
    If I can encrypt the "Person" element inclusive of the "Gender" attribute", why is it that I cannot encrypt just the "Gender" attribute?

(Note that I have _roughly_ gone through all the archived mails so far and these are not random questions...)