Re: Signing and Encryption

----- Original Message -----
From: "meadowsj" <meadowsj@nobs.ca.boeing.com>
To: <xml-encryption@w3.org>; <jashwood@arcot.com>
> If signing a document is akin to making an assertion about a document,
> I could perceive some value in keeping certain assertions made about a
> document private from third parties. I'm hard pressed to think of an
> example where storing those assertions with the document would be an
> absolute necessity however, so perhaps it's a non-issue.
>
> Cheers,
> Joe Meadows

Actually that's a very good point that hadn't occured to me. I'm still at a
loss of any examples where knowledge of the document must be public
knowledge but the signer cannot be, except possibly to give anonymous
testimony to something, where the testimony could be verified later. Maybe
that's enough. I'm not sure it would seem to be a business end of things,
and I'm an engineering end. Does anyone have any examples? Or is this a
non-issue from the business end also. Or would simply forcing detached
signatures with out of band ordering information be enough?
                    Joe