Re: XML Encryption questions

>3) Is the motivation for a DataReference in an EncryptedKey
>EncryptionMethod element to allow a processing optimization
>for decryption of all the encrypted elements for that key?

I think so, but I'm still unsure how DataReference and KeyReference
elements are processed during decryption.  The draft just says in section
4.2:

>3. If necessary, decrypt the data encryption key.
>Alternatively, retrieve from some local store using
>the provided attributes or implicit binding.

This rule should be more clarified so that we can understand how a
decryption processor finds a key.

Also as described in section 8.3, the draft does not define syntax for
specifying a key, using only key attributes, along with a reference list.
The syntax should be defined in this spec if EncryptedKey element is
allowed to contain an element for a reference list.  (The syntax does not
have to be defined, otherwise)  But once the syntax is defined, it is
natural that only the syntax is responsible for a reference list and
EncryptedKey element does not contain an element for a reference list.  We
would define the following elements:

<EncryptedKey>
  <EncryptionMethod>
  <KeyInfo>