RE: Attribute encryption & Blair's message

From: Thane Plambeck <tplambeck@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:48:20 -0800
To: xml-encryption@w3.org
What's wrong with saying if you want to encrypt an attribute, encrypt the
element
that contains it?  I'm still waiting for a good example why the additional
application complexity
of selective encryption of attributes inside elements is needed; ie, I await
an explicit
response to the questions and response on this topic
 posed in Blair Dillaway's most recent message to this list.

 Thane Plambeck
tplambeck@verisign.com
http://www.verisign.com <http://www.verisign.com/>
650 429 5247 direct, Mt View Office