Re: XMLP Comments to XMLE LC

Joseph,

>We need people from communities with their applications
>requirements/scenarios in mind to then test those requirements/scenarios
>with our specified functionality.
>If anyone has scenarios or questions in mind please join and contribute
to:
>www-xenc-xmlp-tf@w3.org .

We have been looking at applying XML Encryption to SOAP envelope.  The
following is an example of SOAP header for XML encryption that we are
considering.  The point here is that the receiving SOAP application knows
what <xenc:EncryptedData> elements are to be decrypted.  When the
<SOAP-SEC:Encryption> element is combined with <SOAP-SEC:Signature>, the
use of the decryption transform solve the interdependency problem.  Also
our scenario includes encrypting SOAP attachments through a "cid: ..." URI.
(such as cid:image.jpg).

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
  <SOAP-ENV:Header>
    <SOAP-SEC:Encryption
      xmlns:SOAP-SEC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/security/2000-12"
      SOAP-ENV:actor="some-URI"
      SOAP-ENV:mustUnderstand="1">
      <SOAP-SEC:EncryptedDataList>
        <SOAP-SEC:EncryptedDataReference URI="#encrypted-body-entry"/>
      </SOAP-SEC:EncryptedDataList>
      <xenc:EncryptedKey>  ...  </xenc:EncryptedKey>
    </SOAP-SEC:Encryption>
  </SOAP-ENV:Header>

  <SOAP-ENV:Body >
    <xenc:EncryptedData
      xmlns:xenc="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#"
      Type="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#Element">
      Id="encrypted-body-entry">
    </xenc:EncryptedData>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

We have (somewhat older versions of) draft spec and implementation in Web
Services Toolkit available from IBM alphaWorks.  See the following link.

http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/webservicestoolkit

Thanks,

Hiroshi

--
Hiroshi Maruyama
Manager, Internet Technology, Tokyo Research Laboratory