Re: 4 Dec 2001 updated Section 5

On Wednesday 05 December 2001 21:11, Donald E. Eastlake 3rd wrote:
> I don't know about key wrap, but I just found out that AES has finally
> become an official FIPS.

Yes, saw that on slashdot which prompted me to remember the dependency,
which is particularly relevant given we're in Last Call. I'd argue we can
go into Candidate REC (CR) without it, but we can't leave CR without it
being specified (via a normative reference) and implemented. Does anyone
have an expectation of how long this would take?

> References to the draft FIPS should be
> changed to http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips197/fips-197.pdf
> or the like.

Done.