license key

From: Rock VZ <rockvz@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 03:35:16 -0800 (PST)
To: xml-encryption@w3.org

I have a requirement to write a license file in XML.
The xml file will typically consist of a feature name
a "license key" to enable/disable the feature.

How do i generate this "encrypted license key" for
different features for different customers?

How do i validate it at the customer site that the
"key" installed is valid?

For example:
i can have 10 features for the product and each
feature has a encrypted key to enable the feature.

(I would be using python for coding the above.)

Do You Yahoo!?