Re: a different comment on 5.5 - shouldn't it be mentioned in 3.4 als o?

On Thursday 30 August 2001 06:53, Amir Herzberg wrote:
> Another small comment on section 5.5 (Key Agreement).
> This section defines an <AgreementMethod> element to be placed inside
> <KeyInfo>. However, this is indicated only in section 5, as far as I could
> see, which simply lists algorithms (methods).
>
> Shouldn't we mention it also in section 3.4, as another way to extend
> ds:KeyInfo to define the key?

Hi Amir, I'm not sure what version you are looking at but:

$Revision: 1.40 $ on $Date: 2001/08/27 19:39:32 $ UTC
http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/Drafts/xmlenc-core/#sec-Extensions-to-KeyInfo

The EncryptedData or EncryptedKey element specify the associated keying
material via a KeyInfo element child. All of the child elements of ds:KeyInfo
specified in [XMLDSIG] can appear. In addition, KeyInfo is extended to allow
two additional child elements: EncryptedKey (Section 3.4.1) and
AgreementMethod (Section 5.5).