Encryption

From: Chris Boothe <cboothe@home.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 20:00:45 -0400
To: <xml-encryption@w3.org>
I think I have found the right mailing list.

I have tried to get some feedback on other mailing lists but no one really has done much in the way of XML encryption.

I know there are commercially available products now, because I have been researching some of them.

What is the general oppinion for XML encryption techniques? I guess the most important concept that I am grappling with is whether to encrypt the whole XML document, or to use "element wise" encryption.

I feel processing time would be reduced by "element wise" encryption but it would depend on the nature and application of the XML document.

I look forward to your comments...

Chris Boothe
cboothe@home.com