RE: Algorithm Selections

At 15:40 11/15/2000 -0500, Ed Simon wrote:
>If XML Encryption is to be used for streaming media, as discussed in my
>presentation at the work shop, then we will also need streaming ciphers.

Ed,  at the workshop you mentioned things like SMIL which I'm somewhat
unfamiliar with. I don't believe the SMIL instance is streamed, instead it's
a discrete object that includes meta-data (synchronization) and
references/invocations of streams [1]. Could you provide an example/scneario
of how one would use XML Encryption with streaming ciphers?

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-smil20-20000921/extended-media-object.html#edef-ref

__
Joseph Reagle Jr.