XML Key Management Services (fwd)

From: Christian Geuer-Pollmann <geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 10:16:55 +0100
To: xml-encryption@w3.org, w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
Dear Signature and Encryption folks,

found this on the PKIX-Mailing list:

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Mittwoch, 29. November 2000 10:38 -0800
From: Philip Hallam-Baker <pbaker@verisign.com>
To: ietf-pkix@imc.org
Subject: XML Key Management Services

Following up on the discussion on XML based PKI, those interested can
read about the proposal we announced this morning together with
webMethods and Microsoft.

http://www.verisign.com/developer/xml/index.html

The intention is to develop the specification further as an open
standards in a standards body that is generally considered a good fit.

I would like to request that the PKIX chairs allow a slot on the agenda
to present the initiative and how we see it as complementing
PKIX/SPKI/PGP rather than being a direct competitor.

	 Phill

Phillip Hallam-Baker
Principal Scientist
VeriSign Inc.